Alumni Latest News & Events
Job Opportunity - Chief Development Officer
The Chief Development Officer of Orchard Lake Schools and has primary responsibility for all of OLS fundraising activities. These activities include:
- Identification, cultivation, solicitation, closure, and recognition of major gifts, including endowment and planned giving
- Annual giving to support OLS operating budget, including annual fund, fundraising events and grants
- Advancement communications; and (4) grants development. Additionally, the Chief Development Office is a member of OLS senior management team and participates actively in the overall strategic planning of the OLS.
Experience in direct solicitations, grants, donor relations, project management and communications is essential. Experience working with and inspiring the confidence of multiple constituencies, including advancement staff, volunteers, top-level donors and prospects and administrative officials. Ability and willingness to travel as necessary to accomplish goals.
Air Force pilot lands A-10 with no canopy, no gear
On July 20, 2017, U.S. Air National Guard Capt. Brett DeVries (P’03) overcame incredible odds to survive a multitude A-10 Thunderbolt II malfunctions. It began with a routine training run at the Alpena Combat Readiness Training Center. The pilot, a member of the 107th Fighter Squadron from Selfridge Air National Guard Base, was practicing inert bomb drops and ripping the aircraft’s gun when it malfunctioned, the canopy blew off at 375 miles per hour, the winds smacked him against his seat, two of three radios stopped working, and the landing gear failed. The Commerce Township resident, husband and father communicated on the backup radio system with flight control and his wingman, Major Shannon Vickers, who flew under DeVries’ plane to assess the damage. Despite insurmountable odds, the pilot safely navigated his plane to an emergency belly landing and walked away unscathed.
Blue Chip countdown: UM's James Ross radiates big-play skill
The Detroit News continues its countdown of the top 15 Blue Chip recruits for 2017 with Josh Ross of Orchard Lake St. Mary's at No. 3.) read more...
Dave Simon (P' 1998) - 5th – XXVII Olympic Games -- Sydney, AUS, 2000, US Men’s 8+ (youngest US Rowing team member at age 20)
Oct. 28, 2016
Hubert Payne (P' 2001) addresses St. Mary's Prep students as part of the Alumni Speaker Series program.
Oct. 25, 2016
Beckett’s First Career Goal Guides No. 13 Spartan Soccer Past No. 12 Notre Dame
SOUTH BEND, Ind. - Freshman forward Michael Beckett scored his first career goal as the No. 13 Michigan State men’s soccer team stopped No. 12 Notre Dame, 1-0, Tuesday at Alumni Stadium... Read More>>
St. Mary's Preparatory Alumni
The St. Mary's Preparatory Alumni are a distinguished group of gentlemen. Their affinity for their alma mater remains strong long after graduation. Through a variety of on campus events, alumni continue to participate and show their support for the Prep. The OLSM alum may give back by returning to teach, coach and serving on various boards, but most importantly, by providing financial support to OLSM Prep fundraising efforts.Please submit your current contact information, or contact
248-683-0401 - Office
Visit our Facebook page!
- Alumni Days / Nights
- Annual Auction
- Business Directory
- Class Captain
- OLSM Events
- Polish Country Fair
- Visit our Facebook page
Did you know...
The Alumni Association is Growing
- Consists of over 2,000 alumni around the United States.
- Includes alumni districts in Michigan, Illinois, Florida, New York and out west.
- Will hold a board meeting at St. Mary’s on March 2, 2017 at 6 PM (in Dining Hall).
- Plans to elect an Executive Board of the Association on March 2.
- Utilizes personal calls and social media to alert/inform alumni of board meeting.
- Plans to develop a directory of alumni for networking.
- Is organizing college campus visits through March.
- Organizes the Alumni Speaker Series second semester in Mr. Ambrose’s classes.